Siberut Jungle & Mentawai Culture
DAY 01:Padang - Muara Siberut (D)
Welcome in Padang. A guide will meet you at the airport and take you to the port of Padang to catch the island ferry in the afternoon or evening. If you arrive in the morning a comfortable hotel will be provided as transit.
DAY 02: Muara Siberut - Mentawaian Village (B, L, D)
We arrive at the town of Muara Siberut in Siberut around 7am. Breakfast and a bath to freshen up after the overnight trip await. At around 10am we head upriver for 3 or 4 hours, deep into the jungle in a motorized canoe. We offload upriver and then trek for an hour or two to the first Mentawaian village.
DAY 03 & 04: Siberut Jungle Trekking & Mentawai Cultural Tour (B, L, D)
The accommodation is a traditional Mentawaian clan long house (uma). The shaman usually stays in this house and you will be able to see the shamans’ (Sikerei) traditional implements. It is often possible to see a Mentawaian ceremony where the community gathers together to sing and dance in their traditional attire. The ceremonies will be held under the guidance and supervision of the Sikerei (“medicineman”)
DAY 05: Badrogot - Muara Siberut - Padang (B, L, D)
Our group treks for the day to Badrogot village. From here we take a motorized canoe back to Muara Siberut. We then catch the evening ferry back to the port of Padang.
DAY 06: Padang (B)
On arrival in Padang your transfer to the airport will be waiting. If your flight is in the afternoon we will arrange a hotel transit.
PRICE mentioned is per person based for 2 person
For more person, Please contact us
PACKAGES Including on Siberut Jungle & Mentawai Culture Trekking 8 days and 7 nights
- 5 (five) nights accommodations on Comfortable transit hotel, Local House called Uma (very simple accommodation)
- Transportation Ferry boat ticket, and motorized canoe
- Meals Fullboard (as itinerary): We provide meals with traditional locals food in their house
- Guide: Provide English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee
- Additional Service: we provide enough mineral water
- Smile ;-)
- Airfares and Tax: We could help you to book and issued the flight ticket from and to Pangkalan Bun or other destination.
- Hotel or Lodge on mentioned
- Personal Things: Medication, Insurance, Alcoholic beverage, Food and beverage at the hotel not mentioned .
- Small money: for taking picture with local people
- Mentawai Dancing
- Shoot videoWith pro camera
- Force Majour: Any cost accursed due out of our control such as, Flight cancellation, natural force, etc. But we will help with any possibility we can take to avoid those
- A camera is a must. You will find a lot of amazing things along the way.
- Use you mosquito repellent to avoid insects bite as well as leech. It’s better for you to use long sleeves and trousers as well as shoes if you will go for trekking.
- Bring Jacket and rain coat in case of raining. Cap and sun screen lotion to prevent sun burning
- Bring your own medicine
- Follow all the instructions from the guide. They are the one who knows every details and conditions
MAPS & AREA
Map view for Mentawai
Mentawai could be reach by connecting flight from Jakarta, Surabaya, to Padang as main gate way. You could also get the connection flight from Yogyakarta, Bali, Makasar, Balikpapan Please email us for more information or you could book the flight by your own at www.travelana.co.id