Orangutan Kalimantan holidays and Dayak kudangan culture adventures
Pangkalan bun - Drive to Kudangan Village
Arrive at Pangkalan Bun, meeting service and start drive Kudangan dayak
village for around 5 hours, upon arrive at Kudangan sightseeing around the village . After dinner involved with local peoples at welcoming ceremony to welcome you, you may take apart of the ceremony. Overnight at simple guest house( L, D )
Penyombaan - Trekking up to Padukuhan
Morning breakfast and start trekking for around 5 Kilometer. You will pass by several rivers that floating down from the mount. On arrival in Pedukuhan, the Dukun or Shaman will do welcome ceremony. This ceremony is used for welcoming guest before enter a new forest or new rice paddy. Enjoy your time to see the real local people activities. Here you could see Jurung (rice storage). Dinner and overnight at villager house (B,L,D)
Padukuan back to Kudangan - drive to Kumai
Breakfast at the villager house and trekking back to Panyombaan. and continuing drive for around 5 hours direct to Kumai boat stage and board to the boat and up sekoyer river. Dinner and overnight on the boat ( B, L, D
Pondok tanggui - Camp leakey
Today boat up the river for Pondok Tanggui orangutans station, witness feeding time at 09.00am. Afterward continuing boating up on tea colored river to camp leakey. You will see the magnificent reflection from the vegetation along the river, when lucky with us, the fresh water crocodile and other wildlife attraction could find a long river bank. Lunch is provided on the boat. Take short trekking through forest and witness feeding time at 14.00 pm for orangutan given additional foods.
Park - Pangkalan Bun
Breakfast on the boat then boat down the river back to Kumai and drive to Pangkalan Bun airport for next destination.(B)
PRICE mentioned is per person based for 2 person
For more person, Please contact us
PACKAGES Including on program
- Transfer in and out airport Transfer from the airport using airport taxi and transfer from kumai to airport using private car. The transfer in and out is valid only the route mentioned on the program. It Adjustable when you would like to take the transfer in and out from your hotel
- Tourist wooden boat: Or called "Klotok" ( May be because the sound tok...tok...tok....). It traditional wooded boat, wide around 2,5 m and around 17 m long. Davide into 2 different deck: below deck is used for crew area, luggage area, and kitchen. Upper deck is cover with the roof and it is used for serve meals, sleeping area and relax area to enjoy surrounding. The toilet set up on the back of the boat. it western style toilet with cold shower for take a bath ( Towel is provide ).
- AC private car: Private car for Kudangan village
- Accommodation 2 nights on the boat: We provide comfortable mattress with clean sheet and blanked. The sleeping area set on upper deck and it is covered with mosquito net. We could help you to organize overnight at Rimba lodge with additional charge.
- 1 night Simple Guest house: Based on twin saher.
- 1 night villager house: very basic facilities
- Meals as mentioned ( B,L,D): Meals is served fresh, hygienist and cook by our own chef. We will serve few different dish of Indonesian food in one time meal and everyday are different .
- Park Entrance Permit: Price is offered based on 2 days entrance permit. the additional charge will apply for next entrance to the park. Please read Packaged Excluded.
- Guide: English speaking guide, Some of our guide may speak very little Spanish.
- Donation and Admission fee: Donation give to the ranger at every camp.
- Additional Service: On the boat we provide enough mineral water, few softdring (coke), Tea or coffee and some snack.
- Dayak ceremonial: Dayak welcome dance
- Smile ;-)
- Airfares and Tax: We could help you to book and issued the flight ticket from and to Pangkalan Bun or other destination.
- Additional Entrance Permit: Additional charge for park entrance permit is applied when :
1. Entering the park on 3rd time : IDR 250.000/person/day
2. Entrance to the park during Sunday and other national holiday IDR.100.000/person/day
- Hotel or Lodge not mentioned: The price is based for overnight on the boat and the hotel as mentioned. For stay at the lodge could be organized based on our contract rate with the lodge or hotel. Please contact us for more
- Personal Things: Medication, Insurance, Alcoholic beverage, Food and beverage at the hotel not mentioned .
- Force Majour: Any cost accursed due out of our control such as, Flight cancellation, natural force, etc. But we will help with any possibility we can take to avoid those
- Kalimantan forest is the endemic for malaria disease. Please make sure that you have consult to your doctor and drink preventive medicine properly
- A camera is a must. You will find a lot of amazing things along the way. Don’t forget to bring your extra battery. There will be generator on the klotok but it’s very limited and won’t be enough to accommodate all the electronic stuff on the boat.
- Use you mosquito repellent to avoid insects bite as well as leech. It’s better for you to use long sleeves and trousers as well as shoes if you will go for trekking. When raining season the trekking path will be muddy and lots of leech everywhere.
- Bring Jacket and rain coat in case of raining. Cap and sun screen lotion to prevent sun burning
- When you are about to enter the camp, make sure you don’t bring anything but camera and small bagpack. If they see you bring plastic bag, they will try to grab them and to check where there is food inside. Only God and the orang utans know when it will be returned back to you :-}
- Bring flash light, you will need it on the klotok at night
- Bring your own medicine
- There is nothing to do at night, no electricity, no proper lights. Just bring something that won’t make you feel boring. Like playing cards etc etc
- Less raining is the best season when you can visit the national park. Less mosquito and the trekking path is dry. Which is during April – October every year
- Follow all the instructions from the guide. They are the one who knows every details and conditions inside the park