Orangutan tour kalimantan and Visit Bekonsu dayak village tour program
Day 1 : Arrive Pangkalan Bun - Kumai - Start for Tanjung Puting Tour
Arrival at Pangkalan Bun drive to Kumai for 20 minutes and board on the boat and up to sekoyer river to tanjung puting national park
. If the time permitted, on the way up we can stop Tanjung Harapan Rehabilitation to witness feeding time at 15.00pm. Late afternoon cruise slowly the river observe the wildlife such long noses monkey , long tail macaque, birds along the riverside. Dinner and Overnight on the boat ( L, D )
Day 2 : Visit Pondok Tanggui and Camp Leakey
Today boat up the river for Pondok Tanggui, Known as the second orangutans
station we will witness feeding time at 09.00am. Afterward continuing boating up on tea colored river to camp leakey
. You will see the magnificent reflection from the vegetation along the river, when lucky with us, the fresh water crocodile and other wildlife attraction could find a long river bank. Lunch will server on the boat before take short trekking through forest searching for wildlife as well as tropical jungle plant and witness feeding time at 14.00 pm for orangutan given additional foods. Dinner and Overnight on the boat. (B,L,D ).
Day 3 : Boat down river to Kumai and and Private car to Bekonsu dayak village
Morning breakfast, boating down to Kumai and drive to Bekonsu dayak village for around 6 hours. Lunch will provide enroute. Upon Arrival, our local guide will take you to the long house for your accommodation. Sightseeing around the villages and arrange the welcome dancing ceremony. After dinner they will ringing their gong or one of their music instrument to gathering together for this Horn Bill Dancing Party. Lots of people will join and you will be welcome like a King & Queen. Overnight at Long house. (B, L, D)
Day 4 : Bekonsu village sightseeing, back to Pangkalan Bun
After breakfast, sightseeing around the village. If you are interested to collect some Dayak Artifacts. After lunch, back to Pangkalan Bun. On the way stop at Kotawaringin Palace and sightseeing surrounding. Arrival at Pangkalan Bun in the afternoon and check in at Blue Kecubung hotel or similar. Free program at your own leisure until our guide team pick you up for having dinner at nice local restaurant. Overnight at Blue Kecubung Hotel or Similar.(B,L,D).
Day 5 : Pangkalan Bun hotel, transfer to airport
After breakfast transfer by car to Pangkalan Bun airport for your next destination.TOURS END (B)
PRICE mentioned is per person based for 2 person
For more person, Please contact us
PACKAGES Including on Orangutan tour kalimantan and Visit Bekonsu dayak village 5 days and 4 nights
- Transfer in and out airport Transfer from the airport using airport taxi and transfer from kumai to airport using private car. The transfer in and out is valid only the route mentioned on the program. It Adjustable when you would like to take the transfer in and out from your hotel
- Private car to dayak village
- Tourist wooden boat: Or called "Klotok" ( May be because the sound tok...tok...tok....). It traditional wooded boat, wide around 2,5 m and around 17 m long. Davide into 2 different deck: below deck is used for crew area, luggage area, and kitchen. Upper deck is cover with the roof and it is used for serve meals, sleeping area and relax area to enjoy surrounding. The toilet set up on the back of the boat. it western style toilet with cold shower for take a bath ( Towel is provide ).
- Accommodation 2 nights on the boat: We provide comfortable mattress with clean sheet and blanked. The sleeping area set on upper deck and it is covered with mosquito net. We could help you to organize overnight at Rimba lodge with additional charge.
- Accommodation 1 nights on the long house: a very simple traditional house. You'll sleep and life with local peoples
- Accommodation 1 nights on the blue kecubung hotel: a 3 star hotel. based on twin share
- Meals as mentioned ( B,L,D): Meals is served fresh, hygienist and cook by our own chef. We will serve few different dish of Indonesian food in one time meal and everyday are different ( Meals at dayak is very simple ) .
- Park Entrance Permit: Price is offered based on 2 days entrance permit. the additional charge will apply for next entrance to the park. Please read Packaged Excluded.
- Guide: Provide English speaking guide, Some of our guide may speak very little Spanish.
- Donation and Admission fee: Donation give to the ranger at every camp.
- Dayak Welcome Dance: Traditional welcome dance will held in long house by Dayak peoples
- Additional Service: On the boat we provide enough mineral water, few softdring (coke), Tea or coffee and some snack.
- Smile ;-)
- Airfares and Tax: We could help you to book and issued the flight ticket from and to Pangkalan Bun or other destination. For self booking please visit our flight booking engine HERE
- Hotel or Lodge: The price is based for overnight on the boat. For stay at the lodge could be organized based on our contract rate with the lodge or hotel. Please contact us for more
- Personal Things: Medication, Insurance, Alcoholic beverage, Food and beverage at the hotel not mentioned .
- Force Majour: Any cost accursed due out of our control such as, Flight cancellation, natural force, etc. But we will help with any possibility we can take to avoid those
- Kalimantan forest is the endemic for malaria disease. Please make sure that you have consult to your doctor and drink preventive medicine properly
- A camera is a must. You will find a lot of amazing things along the way. Don’t forget to bring your extra battery. There will be generator on the klotok but it’s very limited and won’t be enough to accommodate all the electronic stuff on the boat.
- Use you mosquito repellent to avoid insects bite as well as leech. It’s better for you to use long sleeves and trousers as well as shoes if you will go for trekking. When raining season the trekking path will be muddy and lots of leech everywhere.
- Bring Jacket and rain coat in case of raining. Cap and sun screen lotion to prevent sun burning
- When you are about to enter the camp, make sure you don’t bring anything but camera and small bagpack. If they see you bring plastic bag, they will try to grab them and to check where there is food inside. Only God and the orang utans know when it will be returned back to you :-}
- Bring flash light, you will need it on the klotok at night
- Bring your own medicine
- There is nothing to do at night, no electricity, no proper lights. Just bring something that won’t make you feel boring. Like playing cards etc etc
- Less raining is the best season when you can visit the national park. Less mosquito and the trekking path is dry. Which is during April – October every year
- Follow all the instructions from the guide. They are the one who knows every details and conditions inside the park