Baliem Valley Trekking Program
DAY 01: JAYAPURA-ARRIVAL
Morning arrivals of Jayapura airport, met by Papua Adventure’s guide and assist for your next flight to Wamena. Afternoon shopping and preparation for our next day trekking (Lunch & dinner exclude)
DAY 02: WAMENA– KURIMA (B-L-D)
Breakfast at hotel then get into car for driving an hour to Sogokmo in the South of Baliem Valley, Arrive at Sogokmo start your 3 – 4 hours trekking with accompanied by your guide, some porters and cook, The trek will be moderate passing Yetni river and Dani sweet potatoes garden. Arrive at village, your cook preparation for your lunch. After lunch visit Dani village till afternoon and back to camp for dinner. Overnight at local house of Kilise or Ibiroma village.
DAY 03: KURIMA – HIHUNDES – SYOKOSIMO (B-L-D)
After breakfast, you proceed to descend the steep hill down to traditional hanging bridge across Baliem river. Today’s walk a little bit harder with narrow and slippery paths about 4-5 hours. After lunch in the village you can go to swim in the Mugi river. Late afternoon we can learn the activities of local people, stay overnight at traditional house
DAY 04: SYOKOSIMO – SEIKAMA (B-L-D)
After breakfast, follow Mugi’s bank river and hike up to Seikma hill and enjoy the beautiful Baliem George. Lunch en route, afternoon arrival at Sikama village and explore surrounding. Dinner and overnight at local house.
DAY 05: SEIKAMA – SEIMA – SOGOKMO – WAMENA (B - L)
Today the last trekking about 5 hours to Sogokmo pasing Dani sweet potatoes gardens and Seima village. Lunch serve at Seima and continue to Sogomo where car waiting back to Wamena.Dinner and overnight stay at hotel. (Dinner exclude)
DAY 06: WAMENA – (DANI CEREMONIE OF PIG FEAST & DANCE) (B - L)
Breakfast and today visit the North part, after 30 minutes driving get the village and see the Mummy. From there going to small village to see the performance of Dani Ceremonies of Mock battle and Pig feast . You will see how they make fire traditionally, kill a pig with bow and arrow and cook them into the hot-burned stone with vegetables and sweet potatoes, (The performance will be take about 4 – 5 hours). Lunch box will be provided. Afternoon drive Back to hotel and stop at Jibama local market, as unique people how to interactive for their products selling. Overnight at Baliem Pilamo Hotel.
DAY 07: WAMENA-JAYAPURA (B-L-D)
Breakfast and transfer to airport for your flight back to Jayapura, Arrival at Jayapura airport, directly visiting Mc Arthur mounument of Ifar gunung and enjoy the view from 325 meter above sea level. From there drive down to Sentani lake side and take a bout to explore the Sentani lake. Lunch at yougwa lake side restaurant. After lunch continue to see the Museum (open Mon-Sab 08,00-14.30, Sunday and public holidays closed). If time still permit possible to stop at Hamadi market for shopping local arts. Check in to hotel.
DAY 08: JAYAPURA – DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight to next destinations.
PRICE mentioned is per person based for 2 person
For more person, Please contact us
PACKAGES Including on Baliem Valley Trekking 8 days and 7 nights
- 7 (two) nights accommodations base on Double/Twin/Triple Sharing on Baliem Pilamo Hotel or similar, Local House (very simple accomodation, Aston Hotel Jayapura or similar
- Private AC Transport
- Meals Fullboard (as itinerary): We provide breakfast in Hotel, lunch and dinner at local restaurant or lunch box
- Guide: Provide English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee
- Additional Service: we provide enough mineral water, Toll and Parking
- Smile ;-)
- Airfares and Tax: We could help you to book and issued the flight ticket from and to Pangkalan Bun or other destination. For self booking please visit our flight booking engine HERE
- Hotel or Lodge on mentioned
- Personal Things: Medication, Insurance, Alcoholic beverage, Food and beverage at the hotel not mentioned .
- Small money: for taking picture with local people at Baliem Valay except during the pig feast
- Force Majour: Any cost accursed due out of our control such as, Flight cancellation, natural force, etc. But we will help with any possibility we can take to avoid those
- A camera is a must. You will find a lot of amazing things along the way.
- Use you mosquito repellent to avoid insects bite as well as leech. It’s better for you to use long sleeves and trousers as well as shoes if you will go for trekking.
- Bring Jacket and rain coat in case of raining. Cap and sun screen lotion to prevent sun burning
- Bring your own medicine
- Follow all the instructions from the guide. They are the one who knows every details and conditions
MAPS & AREA
Map view for Wamena
Baliem could be reach by connecting flight from Jakarta, Surabaya, to Wamena as main gate way. You could also get the connection flight from Yogyakarta, Bali, Makasar, Balikpapan Please email us for more information or you could book the flight by your own at www.travelana.co.id